BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
adeliefan
Fluorite | Level 6

I have a large number of variables (>1k) in a dataset and I'd like to change most of them to the USE of No from their present setting of Default. Is a way to do this please?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User
It's not clear what you're trying to do here, can you provide a small example?
adeliefan
Fluorite | Level 6
Sorry yes – I am using SAS Enterprise Miner. I have added a data source and I want to change the variables USE for a Variable Selection node from Default to No for the majority of the variables. I know how to change them one by one, but there are a lot of them. Is there a way to select multiple variables and change their USE to No please? Thank you!

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26
Which interface of SAS are you using? Enterprise Miner?
--
Paige Miller
adeliefan
Fluorite | Level 6
Sorry yes – I am using SAS Enterprise Miner. I have added a data source and I want to change the variables USE for a Variable Selection node from Default to No for the majority of the variables. I know how to change them one by one, but there are a lot of them. Is there a way to select multiple variables and change their USE to No please? Thank you!
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

To select many variables that appear sequentially

I believe you can click on one variable and then shift-click on the last one in sequence, so they are now all highlighted. Then changing one variable to NO changes all the selected variables to NO

--
Paige Miller
adeliefan
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you for your prompt response! Yes – that worked. Thank you so much!!

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation