BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dvart1
Calcite | Level 5

I'm having a problem viewing sas tables in SAS EG (version 7.15) which I didn't have previously.

This is probably quite easy to explain but I might struggle, so bear with me.

Previously, when scrolling right across a table in SAS EG (using arrow keys), when I got to the edge of the screen, a further press of the right arrow would simply scroll the table right by one column, however, now it's still moving just one column, but the whole table is scrolled by a screen's worth, so that the selected column is on the left of the screen and all previous columns are no longer visible.

e.g. if each number below represents a column, we start on column 6 (at the edge of the screen)

1   2   3   4   5   6

after one press of the right arrow, it will show

7   8   9   10   11   12

rather than (which it used to and how I wish to revert to)

2   3   4   5   6   7

I'm not sure when the scrolling behaviour changed exactly but it's incredibly frustrating. Is there an option somewhere that I'm missing?

Interestingly, when I scroll left, the tables scrolls as I would expect it to and doesn't have the same behaviour.

Someone be my hero...

Thanks

p.s. my colleague who uses version 7.11 doesn't have this issue so it may be a version thing?? Can anyone else using 7.15 confirm?

4 REPLIES 4
tomrvincent
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
If you find *that* 'incredibly frustrating' you must not have worked with SAS very long. 🙂
dvart1
Calcite | Level 5

Honestly, I know it sounds like nothing but it really is a pain in the @rse. There are plenty of other things that frustrate but I'm sure this should be a simple fix...

tomrvincent
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
I'm on EG 7.15 HF2 and can't replicate your experience.
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hello @dvart1,

Normally, I never use SAS EG, but I've just started a session (version 7.15 HF4 under Windows 7) and, yes, I can replicate this really annoying behavior of the dataset viewer. I don't have this problem with the VIEWTABLE window in the traditional Display Manager interface, let alone with my preferred viewer, the SAS Universal Viewer.

Maybe there's an option (or registry setting?) where you can customize this, but I haven't found it. In the help files I found the keyboard shortcut "SHIFT+mouse scroll wheel" for scrolling horizontally in the data grid. This seems like a reasonable workaround, doesn't it?

Hopefully, one of the regular users of SAS EG can shed more light on this issue.

Edit: Removed message to tomrvincent as per his request.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation