BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
andresmorago
Calcite | Level 5

Hello to all

Im new with SAS and im trying to run some scripts under sas on demand for academics. Everything was going ok and my quota was hardly 300MB. I started to get IO errors and when i checked i was suddenly around 5100MB of quota. I have checked all the files on my directory but there are none that could affect my quota. 

Can you please advice? Im stuck since i cant sun any scripts-

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

@andresmorago wrote:

Hello to all

Im new with SAS and im trying to run some scripts under sas on demand for academics. Everything was going ok and my quota was hardly 300MB. I started to get IO errors and when i checked i was suddenly around 5100MB of quota. I have checked all the files on my directory but there are none that could affect my quota. 

Can you please advice? Im stuck since i cant sun any scripts-

thanks

Some operating systems start having issues when the number of files in a folder gets large. So how many files are involved?

You may want to double check the numbers you posted as it currently reads that you have more than 10 times you quota of 300mb.

Reeza
Super User

If you end up with a crashed session you may have some temporary files taking up space. I'm assuming you've fully logged out and back in to the On Demand session?

kcraem2
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am having the same issue. Earlier today, my quota showed that I had used around 1/5th of my total quota and now it is suddenly over the 5GB. I have deleted everything that I can, but the number of files that I have in SAS is minimal. Maybe 30 files.

Did you ever solve your issue?

Thank you

Reeza
Super User
I think there's a clean up process that runs nightly to remove some of those files - did you run any programs that generated large files that were interrupted or crashed somehow?.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation