BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
smulligk
Calcite | Level 5

Hi - 

I am using SAS studio and I do not have a "my folders" option. I am trying to create a new permanent library and I keep getting an error message. I have attached the screenshot of the options I have for folders. Does anyone know how I can get the appropriate folder linked so I can create the library?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

For a permanent library, you need to first create a directory (folder) in the filesystem, and then use a LIBNAME statement to assign a logical name to the physical path.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User
You're on SAS Academics on Demand which does not have the myfolders concept. You can create a new folder there under Files. Right click and New Folder creation. Create a folder and give it a name. Then right click on the new folder and select properties. Copy that path.

libname myLib 'path copied from above';

It'll be something like

libname mylib '/home/fkhurshed/Demo/';

Since I created a folder called Demo in my set up.
smulligk
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you - when I create a new folder, I do not have the option to copy in the file path. Attached is what I am seeing. Do you know how to get around this?

Reeza
Super User
Then right click on the new folder and select properties. Copy that path.
Reeza
Super User
And don't create folders under sasuserv9.4, create them under the main folder. Bad practice and it's usually locked down in most systems.
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

For a permanent library, you need to first create a directory (folder) in the filesystem, and then use a LIBNAME statement to assign a logical name to the physical path.

smulligk
Calcite | Level 5

OK, I think that worked - thank you both!

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation