BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ablo
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello everyone!

Where can I find the dataset for Statistics I: Introduction to ANOVA, Regression, and Logistic Regression?

7 REPLIES 7
Reeza
Super User

The first part of the course has set up instructions. Go back to the start and scroll through. If you search through this board I believe it has some of the new instructions for those courses in a video. The instructions vary based on your installation, ie EG, SAS UE, Academics on Demand.

@ablo wrote:

Hello everyone!

Where can I find the dataset for Statistics I: Introduction to ANOVA, Regression, and Logistic Regression?

ablo
Fluorite | Level 6

There are datasets in the book Statistics I: Introduction to ANOVA, Regression, and Logistic Regression that I want to practice with. The book doesn't give any info on where to get the datasets.

Reeza
Super User

I assumed you were doing the e-course. Can you point me towards an online reference for the book then and I may be able to assist?

@ablo wrote:

There are datasets in the book Statistics I: Introduction to ANOVA, Regression, and Logistic Regression that I want to practice with. The book doesn't give any info on where to get the datasets.

Reeza
Super User

Those are the old course notes for the e-course. The e-course is free here with the full material and instructions in the course. Not sure if you can download the course notes in PDF or similar version though. 

https://support.sas.com/edu/schedules.html?ctry=us&crs=STAT1

Hope you didn't pay someone for those!

@ablo wrote:

check this link :  https://www.amazon.com/Statistics-Introduction-Regression-Logistic-Course/dp/1590479068/ref=sr_1_4?i...

ablo
Fluorite | Level 6

I understand but is there a place where I can download the dataset in the book and work with them. There are exercise in the book that require the use of dataset such as b_boston.sas7bdat.

Reeza
Super User

You've purchased course notes ONLY from a non SAS seller. If you're not happy with what they include please contact the seller for further information. SAS isn't really responsible for third party materials, especially since I suspect that's not even a legitimate re-seller.

The course notes do not include the data sets for the course, those are only provided with the course materials. Note that I don't work for or represent SAS.

The material you've purchased is the SAME as the free e-course I linked to above. If you sign up for that free course and follow the setup instructions in the e-course it should include the same data sets that you need for the book. I can't guarantee that, but I suspect it's pretty close. 

As far as I can see those are your two options, besides purchasing an official version of the course notes through a valid reseller or from SAS. 

@ablo wrote:

I understand but is there a place where I can download the dataset in the book and work with them. There are exercise in the book that require the use of dataset such as b_boston.sas7bdat.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation