BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
matthewbsommer1
Calcite | Level 5

I updated two NFCS datasets as instructed in the video. Now i need to go in and start coding but not sure where to even get started.....The first thing i need to do is merge these datasets. I have done this a million times on enterprise sas but not as easy on demand....

matthewbsommer1_0-1625936525640.png

2 REPLIES 2
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

So HOW did you merge datasets in Enterprise Guide?
Did you write SAS code?  If so the code shouldn't be any different just because you are using a different user interface to allow you to submit your code.

Did you click on buttons in the Enterprise Guide Windows PC program?  Which buttons?  Did you try the Tasks and Utilities section that I see on the left hand side of your picture of your SAS/Studio session? Does it not have a similar push button task for generating merge code?

Reeza
Super User

if you take a close look at that screenshot in the top right corner you’ll see you’re using the SAS Programmer interface. Sounds like you’re not a programmer. 
In that case, if you click it you’ll go to the process flow style diagram and you can find the tasks under the pane. I find the code generation in Studio better than in EG but not sure it has the full suite of tasks yet. It can definitely handle some basic merges/appends though.  

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation