BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
larameix
Calcite | Level 5

Hello everybody,

i want to perform regression  analyses and used stepwise selection for selecting confounders. The problem is, that the independent variable i am interested in is not in the model in some cases. Therefore, i want to know if there is a way to somehow fix some of the independent variables so that they are always entering the model and only confounders are selected?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I have grave reservations about using any stepwise procedure. Just Google "Problems with stepwise regression" and you'll have enough reading material for a few weeks.

Nevertheless, in PROC REG the INCLUDE option of the model statement forces specific variables to be used.

--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I have grave reservations about using any stepwise procedure. Just Google "Problems with stepwise regression" and you'll have enough reading material for a few weeks.

Nevertheless, in PROC REG the INCLUDE option of the model statement forces specific variables to be used.

--
Paige Miller
larameix
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you very much for your help!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation