BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Kohl
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone,

I know if I wanna retrieve data from SQL Server per ETL, there are either ODBC or JDBC options, but I just wanna know in SAS, if there are other possibilities to get data from SQL Server, I have found SAS has an engine SQLSVR, I have tried, but somehow it needs still the ODBC connection created in ODBC source, is it the case? So I don't have any other choices but only using ODBC to access SQL Server, do I? Thanks for replying.

4 REPLIES 4
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If you have the necessary SAS/ACCESS module for your DBMS licensed, and a proper client for the DBMS installed and configured on the SAS server, you can directly access the DBMS without going through ODBC.

Kohl
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks.

I have the valid license for SAS/ACCESS Interface to Microsoft SQL Server.

Acc. to http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/acreldb/65247/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0gz66qe8msnkyn1jg...

I have successfully created a Library with SQLSVR,  but in Datasrc I still need to use ODBC, or what else can I do/input?  

What do you mean "a proper client for the DBMS installed", for SQL Server what's the proper client? Thanks.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Once you have succeeded in creating a library for direct access to SQL Server, the infrastructure is in place and works.

To use this connection in DI Studio, the library needs to be defined in SAS metadata.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
SAS/ACCESS to SQL Server is using ODBC.
Data never sleeps

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation