BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Poojitha
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

My SAS university edition expired a while ago and i have been trying to renew it. it throws the following errors.

1.It has asked me to update and the download was successful however when i try to apply the updates, there is some problem and it throws a error.

2. myfolders (shared folders ) are opened in my c:drive and its been installed in virtual machine using the shared folder option as well, it still says that its unable to find the myfolders in the virtual machine.

This error happens every time and i have no idea why.

Also when i try to start the sas studio, another error throws up which says 'The launch of the server process failed with an unknown status code'.

Please help and advise me why these errors happen and how to rectify it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Poornima

4 REPLIES 4
lanceanz
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello Poornima. There has been at least one release that I could not simply update on Mac or Windows. I've also encountered the message about the share being missing, but I was still able to access it from SAS Studio. My suggestion is that you do what I did -  delete your current virtual machine, download the full SAS University Edition again, and follow the instructions to set it up.

BeverlyBrown
Community Manager

Hi @Poojitha, sorry you're having trouble! This post on the Analytics U Community may be helpful: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Analytics-U/How-to-uninstall-SAS-University-Edition-and-re-instal... Post on that board or this one if you continue to need help.

Couldn't attend SAS Innovate in person? We gotchu. Access on-demand content now!

Poojitha
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Beverly brown,

Thank you for your help and the issue has been resolved.

Have a good day. 🙂

Poojitha
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Ianceanz,

Thank you for your help and the issue has been resolved.

Have a good day buddy 🙂

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation