BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ashlyn
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I have created a libname as shown below and execution is successful.

libname cs hadoop user='myusername' pw='mypw' server="myserver" port=443 dbmax_text=200 subprotocol=hive2
properties="myproperties" database=mydb;

I proceeded to pull data from the created libname and execution is successful as well.

data abc;

set cs.fruits (obs=100);

run;

However, when I added a WHERE statement into the same codes above, I get an error.

data def;

set cs.fruits (obs=100);

where fruit_type = 'Banana';

run;

ERROR: Prepare error: org.apache.hive.service.cli.HiveSQLException: Error while processing statement: FAILED: Execution Error,

return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mr.MapRedTask at

org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.Operation.toSQLException(Operation.java:380) at

org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation.runQuery(SQLOperation.java:257) at

org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation.access$800(SQLOperation.java:91) at

org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation$BackgroundWork$1.run(SQLOperation.java:348) at

java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:422) at

org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1669) at

org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation$BackgroundWork.run(SQLOperation.java:362) at

java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) at

java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) at

java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) at

java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

SQL statement: SELECT  `fruits`.`id`, `fruits`.`fruit_type`,

`fruits`.`cost_per_unit`, `fruits`.`purchase_date`, `fruits`.`item_desc` FROM `mydb`.`fruits`  WHERE  ( `fruit_type` = 'Banana' )

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Yes, it could be. That's why if you have access to beeline you can query and confirm it for sure if it's happening only from SAS or outside of SAS as well. If you don't have access to beeline then I would suggest to check with Admin if any such permissions are applied to be sure.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Exception looks to be something with permission 'javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:422) at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1669) '
Are you facing this for all the tables or only this one? Does it work outside of SAS like from beeline?
ashlyn
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Anand, I've tried a few tables and they work fine until I include the WHERE statement in my data step. Does this mean that the administrator has limited access to the database?

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Yes, it could be. That's why if you have access to beeline you can query and confirm it for sure if it's happening only from SAS or outside of SAS as well. If you don't have access to beeline then I would suggest to check with Admin if any such permissions are applied to be sure.
ashlyn
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks! I will check with Admin on the Beeline access. Thanks for your help!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation