BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dpmf
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I give App support in a Telecom Company. Doing it for the last 7/8 months (never seen SAS before it, so excuse my "lammeness" 🙂 ). SAS version is 9.4 and EG is 5.1 ("almost" upgrading it to 7.1)

Last 2 weeks i'm getting a lot of incident requests because the users are getting the error: 

"Failed to save project. Cannot perform the requested operation on an item that does not exist.

Type: Xceed.FileSystem.DiskFolder

Fullname: C:\users\....\AppData\Local\Temp\SEGxxxx\12345678901234567890"

One thing i find similar in the users that are reporting this is that they use Windows10 (i didn't receive nothing from users with other windows versions), so i'm thinking that MAYBE there was some security patch of some sort by our billgates friends that is disabling the writing permissions on some windows folders or something like this.

I've tried to do the workaround explicit on the page 

http://support.sas.com/kb/62/237.html

First thing odd is that the 3 TEMP folders that are no seguide.config are something like "c:\aatemp\temp", and not that "AppData\Local" path. But even following the workaround in that page, it also gives the error on those same kind of directories, and the ones that are on seguide.config remain empty. Users can save their work, the error is more "random" with special occurrence doing a "Save As" or when they leave the project running during the night and have the error when they log on in the next morning 

Does anyone knows what is going on? I attached one example of the error

Best regards and thanks in advance!

Daniel

1 REPLY 1
Alin1984
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi,
Just an idea that I have right now is to check with windows support team for the user machines if they do any regular clean up on user folders or something similar with user profiles. It might be that this is not a SAS EG issue but more a user profile issue.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation