BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nnicola5384
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

How can I assign a dataset as a map so that I can create a map in Enterprise Guide?

Thank you,

Nicol 

5 REPLIES 5
PhilC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

This is a complicated subject.  Can you be more specific about your goal.  Have you worked with any of the SASMAPS resources on the SAS.com?

nnicola5384
Fluorite | Level 6

I have two variables, states and percentage share of the U.S. population, and would like to create a map to show the data. 

PhilC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

This is not a feature of Enterprise Guide (EG) technically, but of SAS, which will work in EG.  PROC GMAP is one of the tools you will use.  On this page I saw a map of South America, it could be the type of map you are looking for.  There's a lot of flexibility in the representation of data displayed in a map made through SAS, so if you need more help, you can offer more specifics to the board about the map you are envisioning to get help.

nnicola5384
Fluorite | Level 6

I would like to create a heat map, see sample below. Thanks

State         Percentage

Alabama    2% 

Kansas      4% 

Florida       6% 

PhilC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

You want a choropleth map.  That's a new word for me too.  I'd rather call them heat maps.

PROC GMAP - Example 9: Using GfK GeoMarketing Map Data to Produce a Simple Choropleth Map

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation