BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
shyunk
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am switching from the university edition to SAS 9.4 and having some issues with libraries. Could anyone let me know why my library is showing up as empty when it shouldn't be? I have described issue below:

I am trying to read a dat file stored in this physical folder(bios).

screen2.png

I first designated a new library by clicking the physical/source folder (bios). Also tried it using code:

libname myfol 'C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\SASUniversityEdition\myfolders\xxxx';

Screenshot 2021-02-15 105537.png

But when I open this library (myfol) it is empty, and I can't see any member files I see in my source/physical folder. 

sas4.png

And when I run the code below, I get an error message.

data myfol.larynx.dat;
set myfol.test;
run;

sas5.png

I have also tried to troubleshoot by designating a library from a different folder on my desktop. Still shows up as an empty library. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

It's not clear what you are doing. If you are trying to read a DAT file then you are going to need an INFILE statement and INPUT statement to read this. I don't see these statements anywhere in your screenshots.

You can only use a SET statement to read an existing SAS data library. Your MYFOL library needs to be defined by a LIBNAME statement before you can use it.

Please post SAS logs using copy and paste, not via screenshots.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
shyunk
Fluorite | Level 6

Correction:

This is the error message I get when I run code

data myfol.larynx;
set myfol.test;
run;

sas6.png

SASKiwi
PROC Star

It's not clear what you are doing. If you are trying to read a DAT file then you are going to need an INFILE statement and INPUT statement to read this. I don't see these statements anywhere in your screenshots.

You can only use a SET statement to read an existing SAS data library. Your MYFOL library needs to be defined by a LIBNAME statement before you can use it.

Please post SAS logs using copy and paste, not via screenshots.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation