BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
adwmph2019
Calcite | Level 5

Hello everyone! I am a grad student and I need to learn SAS University for school and for my future career. I just got a new computer a few days ago, and I am not tech savvy. When I go to install VirtualBox the program asks for permission to make changes to my hard drive (Windows 10). I really need to know if this is safe for my computer, and why it needs these permissions to function. I have always been taught to take a very long pause and think if it is absolutely necessary when clicking the OK button allowing permissions to change my computer. If it is possible that it is not safe for me to OK these permissions, is there any other way that I can install VB or to get SAS University up and running? Thank you all, I apologize for asking what I am sure is a stupid question. 

1 REPLY 1
ghosh
Barite | Level 11

Yes, it's safe allow to give the installer permission to make changes.  All software installation require this.  In case you are not comfortable doing this, you could use the online free SAS SODA 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation