BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Kels123
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

I'm getting back into using SAS after a few years, and I am having trouble importing my excel file. I use SAS 64-bit on Windows 10 on Parallels 16 virtual environment, so I located the file location and the file name and used this code (which has worked for me previously):

Proc import 

DATAFILE="C:\Users\Kelsey\Documents\UCSF COVID Cytokine Research Project - Gaw\cytokine_modified_7.1.21"

OUT=Cytokine_72221

dbms=xls

replace;

run;

However, I am getting this error message: 

ERROR: Physical file does not exist, C:\Users\Kelsey\Documents\UCSF COVID Cytokine Research Project - Gaw\cytokine_modified_7.1.21.xls.

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.

NOTE: PROCEDURE IMPORT used (Total process time):

real time           0.03 seconds

cpu time            0.03 seconds

I have triple checked the file name and now I am concerned something else more complicated is going on. Please help! Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Are you sure your file type is XLS not XLSX? Failing that copy the folder path from Windows Explorer.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation