BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ihsan-Mahdi
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

I'm trying to use the code below to create a street address map but I keep getting the error you see in bold red:

proc geocode
27 method=street
28 data=GCTest2
29 LOOKUPSTREET=lookup.USM
30 OUT=GEOCODED
ERROR: Libref LOOKUP is not assigned.
31 ATTRIBUTE_VAR=(countyfp Tract);
32 run;

I have used this exact same code before on the same device using the same SAS version and it worked. Not sure what the issue is now and would appreciate the help 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

@Ihsan-Mahdi wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to use the code below to create a street address map but I keep getting the error you see in bold red:

proc geocode
27 method=street
28 data=GCTest2
29 LOOKUPSTREET=lookup.USM
30 OUT=GEOCODED
ERROR: Libref LOOKUP is not assigned.
31 ATTRIBUTE_VAR=(countyfp Tract);
32 run;

I have used this exact same code before on the same device using the same SAS version and it worked. Not sure what the issue is now and would appreciate the help 🙂

If that code worked previously then you have a LIBRARY named LOOKUP assigned in that session. Your current session does not. That's what "Libref LOOKUP is not assigned" means.

If you want to use the same data set then you need a LIBNAME LOOKUP pointing the location of that data set.

Ihsan-Mahdi
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks for the tip. I actually was able to resolve the the issue replacing LIBREF LOOKUP with SASHELP.GEOEXM. I will try it using LIBNAME and see if it works as well.

Reeza
Super User

Do you have a library assigned called Lookup as the error indicates?

Did you miss a %include step included in previous codes?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation