BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
zusman
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to create a new library in SASAPP so that I can keep adding specific data to it. I've tried a couple of ways but unable to get there. Any help would be appreciated

5 REPLIES 5
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
SASAPP might be the name of your application server if your company is running the Enterprise BI software. Typically, in the BI Platform, libraries are defined in the metadata and you refer to them with a special LIBNAME statement.

You might need to work with your SAS Administrator in order to determine where you can define your library and whether it needs to be defined in the metadata and if so, what type of security permissions it needs to have.
Cynthia
zusman
Calcite | Level 5

So I can see a bunch of libraries under SASApp. and I want the name permissions as those. Any idea how I would go about doing that, I currently cant get in touch with the administrator.

Thank you 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I assume you are referring to the Server List pane in Enterprise Guide. If you are wanting to add a new library, that would be available also to other users, with the same permissions as the current ones then this is done through SAS Management Console. Your user name would also need to have administrator permissions to do this. This is normally a task for your SAS Administrator and at the very least you should consult with that person before changing anything.

zusman
Calcite | Level 5

Maybe im not using the correct term. So under the console I see the following:

SASApp -> Libraries -> SASApp-SASDATA 

And I want to create a data set under the SASApp-SASDATA and keep adding to it. Is that something I can do without an administrator?

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
The fact that you have SASApp as a server name implies that you have a SAS Administrator who uses SAS Management Console to manage that server AND the files and libraries on it. It would be very unusual to have a server named SASApp that was NOT under the control of a SAS Administrator.

Depending on the groups/users and the permissions that they have been given you may or may not be able to create a permanent data set in that location. This is really something you need to work on with your SAS Administrator.
Cynthia

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation