BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sk4r
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, I've been checking on how to change noprngetlist to prngetlist, but I didnt find the information I've been looking. SAS server is local, so I think there should be some syntax to modify this value, because I need to use the printer.

Is there a way to change that system option to let me set a sysprint value and print?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

First is are you running windows?

The documentation for PRNGETLIST says that it is valid in the Configuration file or invocation. That basically means that the option must be set in either the configuration file, which in a stand alone system would be C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\nls\en\sasv9.cfg  or set on the command line.

I note that neither of these is set in my SASV9.CFG file, so if yours has been set to NOPRNGETLIST I would wonder where that occurred.

SYSPRINT does not rely on the PRNGETLIST setting. SYSPRINT can be set with an options statement or the Print Setup dialog box.

Sk4r
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you for your response. Yes, I'm running windows, about how NOPRNGETLIST set on this computer, that I dont know, because I'm an intern.

I've tried setting sysprint, but i got this error The setting of the SYSPRINT option to printerName will be ignored because printerName is not the name of a currently installed printer. This error may be due to changes in SYSPRINT option syntax. Please refer to your host companion for details of those changes.

About modifying the cfg file, I tried it by adding -PRNGETLIST at the end, but I dont know if that was correct or not. Also, I need permissions to modify that file, I'll try to ask for them when the setting I want to write is correct.

ballardw
Super User

@Sk4r wrote:

Thank you for your response. Yes, I'm running windows, about how NOPRNGETLIST set on this computer, that I dont know, because I'm an intern.

I've tried setting sysprint, but i got this error The setting of the SYSPRINT option to printerName will be ignored because printerName is not the name of a currently installed printer. This error may be due to changes in SYSPRINT option syntax. Please refer to your host companion for details of those changes.

About modifying the cfg file, I tried it by adding -PRNGETLIST at the end, but I dont know if that was correct or not. Also, I need permissions to modify that file, I'll try to ask for them when the setting I want to write is correct.

So show the actual code you attempted with SYSPRINT.

If your SAS is already running it would look something like:

options syprint="Name of the printer" ;

where Name of the printer would be as the printer list shows in the control panel. Double quotes are needed around the name and I wouldn't be surprised to find that it is case sensitive text.

Note that if you have PRTPERSISTDEFAULT set that printer could become the SAS default the next time you start SAS.

And from the documentation for SYSPRINT:

CAUTION:
Modifying print options by using the Windows printing dialog boxes can change the values of SAS printing system options.
Sk4r
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you for your response and time.SAS BaseSAS BaseSAS BaseSAS BaseSAS EGSAS EGSAS EGSAS EG

As you can see, the setting for sysprint were done correctly in SAS Base (PRNGETLIST was set here, I didnt set it). While EG gives me an error (here NOPRNGETLIST  is set). 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation