BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Zia_durrani
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All, I work for a govt department in Australia. We have current license of IBM-PA and Cognos but PA is not implemented as yet. Cognos version 10 is in use for many years for reporting purposes. I am exploring other software in the market. Not sure how SAS compares to IBM.

2 REPLIES 2
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Your best bet is to clearly define your requirements, get in touch with the local SAS office, and get a trial installation, or do a test at their office.

To get a feeling for how SAS works, getting University Edition is a good option. But to get a feel for the performance with your real world data, you need a proper installation.

Ksharp
Super User

Cognos is just a BI tool ,very simple data analysis software(or just do some summary statistic).

SAS is an advanced data analysis software ,which can do many stat/or/ets models (which is very complicatged).

and SAS also have many product like BI EBI DI ...... as Cognos.

You can take SAS as SPSS (another IBM statistic tool).

One of my favorite about SAS is its data cleaning power.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation