BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
emrahbagci82
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I am a user of SAS in the company i work for. I use enterprise guide at work and also i had a course for EG but i want to improve my self. However i dont have enough time to do more at work to improve. So if there is way, i want to use EG at home in my personal PC with stumilated or created data, not the real time data of my company.

Is it possible? Or i can only use at work?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

check out this link you might be able to use it or another one of SAS available software packages.

https://www.sas.com/en_us/software/on-demand-for-academics.html

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Check with your company's IT support. Many companies offer remote access to their IT systems using secure internet gateways. For example, I can remote in from my PC at home to my company's Citrix gateway, then remotely connect to my work PC and use Enterprise Guide that way.

Reeza
Super User

If you were to do this, I would be remote accessing your work computer that's totally fine. To install on your home computer, I doubt it. Also, it's highly likely that EG connects to your work server, so the installation won't work at home anyways. 

There are two free versions of SAS available, SAS Studio via University Edition or Academics on Demand. You may prefer Academics on Demand, because it's a cloud service, so you can use it at work or at home. 

I prefer UE because I forgot to save things. I save all my programs to a cloud service anyways, so that helps. 

Good Luck. 

I'm sure you're also aware of the two free e-courses available? One for programming and one for statistics? 

Regarding EG, I suspect it will likely be replaced by SAS Studio eventually, so moving to SAS Studio now will put you ahead of the game. 

emrahbagci82
Obsidian | Level 7

Unfortunately, remote connetcion is forbidden in my company. I will have a look at the university editions you all mentioned. Thanks a lot.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation