BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
huichen
Calcite | Level 5

I have installed SAS 9.4 on my Windows PC and SAS Studio will typically open a website localhost:58xxx to enable interactive programming. When using my MacBook at home (in the same local area network), where SAS is not supported, I have to use Microsoft Remote Desktop (MRD) to use SAS remotely.

However, the high latency is a big problem. So I am wondering if there is any possibility that I can forward the 58xxx port to my MacBook using tunnels and program using SAS Studio remotely (just like RStudio Server)?

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User
Are you using SAS UE? Or a fully licensed version? You have options with the fully licensed version but not UE.
Academics on Demand is free and hosted on the cloud - 50GB data set limits though.
huichen
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Reeza. I am using a fully licensed version (TS1M4). How can I set up the software to enable remote programming?
SASKiwi
PROC Star

MRD shouldn't behave so badly on a LAN. If you are using Wifi try moving to where the signal is stronger. Running SAS in batch mode would greatly reduce MRD session traffic.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation