BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Kadjere
Fluorite | Level 6

Let me start by sincerely thanking all of you who have tried to help me solve my problem. Unfortunately all my responses to you have bounced back. So I'll try again this time with more background details

1. I have a folder called my folders, defined as folder share

2. When I run this program

Proc import out=cars1
datafile= '//myfolders/cars1.csv' DBMS=CSV replace;
getnames=yes;
datarows = 9;

3. Here is what I get

ERROR: The path //myfolders/cars1.csv is not in the list of accessible paths when SAS is in the lockdown state.

4. The file folder section that always appeared on the left hand side of the programming page does no longer paper. So sure why

5. Below is a screen of the shared folder page that I configured using the settings.

UNFORTUNATELY THE SCREEN SHOT CANNOT BE PASTED. TEXT BELOW

Mechanical Folders

Transient Folders

myfolders  /users/....../untSASUniversityEditionitled folder/myfolders.    FULL

Any help will as always be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Did you do any of the diagnostic steps suggested on the other post?  What did you find out?  If you are having trouble with copy and paste try storing the picture into a file and uploading the file instead of trying to paste from the paste buffer.  Or paste into a WORD document and re-copy and see if it then let's you paste.

Please explain what version of SAS are you using.  Are you running SAS University Edition installed into a virtual machine on your computer?  What virtual machine software did you use. What operating system is your real machine using?  Note that in SAS/UE to path to your files is ALWAYS going to start with /folders/myfolders/.

Never start the part with two slashes.  It might work, but it does not make sense.  

If you are using SAS/Studio to connect to SAS running on some shared server, perhaps from your job or school, or SAS hosted version, then a path starting with /user/ might make sense.

In either case you will want to find the file in the Server Files and Folders panel of SAS/Studio.  Right-click on the name and ask for properties and you will the path that SAS uses to reference the file.  If you cannot find the file there but you can find it on your local computer then use the Upload icon to copy the file from your local computer to the computer where SAS is running.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
art297
Opal | Level 21

Parts of your message were garbled, but the following might help in correcting the current error.

Instead of

datafile= '//myfolders/cars1.csv'

I'd try:

datafile= '/folders/myfolders/cars1.csv'

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

Kadjere
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks. Tried that and NO LUCK too
ballardw
Super User

@Kadjere wrote:
RROR: The path //myfolders/cars1.csv is not in the list of accessible paths when SAS is in the lockdown state.

4. The file folder section that always appeared on the left hand side of the programming page does no longer paper. So sure why

5. Below is a screen of the shared folder page that I configured using the settings.

UNFORTUNATELY THE SCREEN SHOT CANNOT BE PASTED. TEXT BELOW

Mechanical Folders

Transient Folders

myfolders  /users/....../untSASUniversityEditionitled folder/myfolders.    FULL

Any help will as always be appreciated

Did you use the CAMERA icon above the message window to get the image?

And best would be to follow the instructions from the other thread on capturing the text of the path.

Kadjere
Fluorite | Level 6
No I used my iPad
ballardw
Super User

@Kadjere wrote:
No I used my iPad

Please carefully read my previous message. I did not ask "how you took the image" I asked about how you attempted to post it.  The "camera" is a the 12th icon on the menu bar above the message window when you are asking a question. It brings up a box that is intended to have you paste and image or drag/drop and image file.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Did you do any of the diagnostic steps suggested on the other post?  What did you find out?  If you are having trouble with copy and paste try storing the picture into a file and uploading the file instead of trying to paste from the paste buffer.  Or paste into a WORD document and re-copy and see if it then let's you paste.

Please explain what version of SAS are you using.  Are you running SAS University Edition installed into a virtual machine on your computer?  What virtual machine software did you use. What operating system is your real machine using?  Note that in SAS/UE to path to your files is ALWAYS going to start with /folders/myfolders/.

Never start the part with two slashes.  It might work, but it does not make sense.  

If you are using SAS/Studio to connect to SAS running on some shared server, perhaps from your job or school, or SAS hosted version, then a path starting with /user/ might make sense.

In either case you will want to find the file in the Server Files and Folders panel of SAS/Studio.  Right-click on the name and ask for properties and you will the path that SAS uses to reference the file.  If you cannot find the file there but you can find it on your local computer then use the Upload icon to copy the file from your local computer to the computer where SAS is running.

Reeza
Super User

Respond on the forum, not via email if you want to attach images. You can attach images on your iPad but first have to ensure that they're set to be compatible. I can't require the setting off the top of my head but it's easy to set it JPG if you Google. 

The answers in the other post are still valid. Find the file in your Servers files and Folders, right click and find the path. If you cannot find your file then it's not in the myfolders or you haven't set up your myfolders correctly from the set up instructions. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation