BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SAS_Novice22
Quartz | Level 8

Hi SAS community,

Having one of those days. I accidently exited the window for my SAS Programming Log (where I enter all my lines of code) without pressing save first. I have not touched anything since. Is there a way I can retrieve with all my code I just wrote?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It has been about 2 hours since I formally pressed saved and have been coding during that time.

T.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

The LOG does not have the code, it has the log messages for the code you ran before.

Tom_0-1654626037462.pngTom_1-1654626063108.png

If you are using SAS Display Manager just run the LOG command from a command line or command box and the log should open again.

If you are using SAS Display Manager and you want to recall the code you have already submitted then go to an editor window and use the RECALL command.  You might have that command mapped to the F4 key.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SASJedi
SAS Super FREQ

The answer will most likely depend on what you are using to write your SAS code. Are you using Enterprise Guide? SAS Studio? PC SAS? Something else? 

Check out my Jedi SAS Tricks for SAS Users
SAS_Novice22
Quartz | Level 8
Good to know, I will be more specific if it ever happens again (hopefully not). Great name by the way!
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

The LOG does not have the code, it has the log messages for the code you ran before.

Tom_0-1654626037462.pngTom_1-1654626063108.png

If you are using SAS Display Manager just run the LOG command from a command line or command box and the log should open again.

If you are using SAS Display Manager and you want to recall the code you have already submitted then go to an editor window and use the RECALL command.  You might have that command mapped to the F4 key.

SAS_Novice22
Quartz | Level 8
Thank you Tom, I was able to get my editor window back from my SAS Display Manger, the picture were very helpful. I am still learning the SAS lingo but it is slowly coming. Thank you again for finding a solution to my problem I used F4 to get back my code. I was running it line by line (newbie still) and so it took a while and a bunch of F4 commands for it to come back.
Thanks again.
T.
Reeza
Super User

Log or Program window?
SAS Studio?
Did you close or reset SAS Studio?
I you ran the code, you can check the log history by clicking the clock icon on the browser in SAS Studio.

If you're using SAS EG or Foundation/Base and you have autosave you may be able to find the program in the autosave folder.Search in here for the location of that folder.

SAS_Novice22
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you Reeza, this was really helpful information. I will keep this in mind for the future.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 4 in conversation