BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SM8
Obsidian | Level 7 SM8
Obsidian | Level 7
Hello,

My job recently switched over from using sas desktop to sas Citrix. I’m still a beginner at SAS and am unsure of how to access my previous sas files saved locally. Can anyone offer any helpful advice?
8 REPLIES 8
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You will need to copy any SAS-related files from your local PC drive to a folder that Citrix has access to. Consult with your SAS administrator as they should know how to do this. 

Immaculata
Calcite | Level 5

"You will need to copy any SAS-related files from your local PC drive to a folder that Citrix has access to."

How do I check from SAS where files currently goes?

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Are you saying you are still running PC SAS (that is you are using Display Manager) only now it is running on Citrix server instead of on your local machine?   Or did they also switch you to using SAS in some other way?  Like using Enterprise Guide running on the Citrix machine.  Or accessing SAS/Studio from a browser that is running on the Citrix machine?

If you want the Citrix process to be able to read and/or write to your local machine then Citrix application manager will have to have allowed that and to have mapped some part of local drive to some drive letter on the Citrix machine.   But I doubt they want to do that.

Instead ask them to show you how to copy the files from your local machine to some network drive that is also accessible from the Citrix machine.

Immaculata
Calcite | Level 5

"If you want the Citrix process to be able to read and/or write to your local machine then Citrix application manager will have to have allowed that and to have mapped some part of local drive to some drive letter on the Citrix machine."

What Citrix application manager?  Citrix studio?  I'm not see such control from where I doing Delivery Groups-publishing SAS.  How do I check what's currently allow/mapped?

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

In a typical corporate environment reading files from your local desktop into your company desktop accessed via citrix is not allowed  (and conversely saving files to your local desktop is also not allowed.) .

Immaculata
Calcite | Level 5

"In a typical corporate environment reading files from your local desktop into your company desktop accessed via citrix is not allowed  (and conversely saving files to your local desktop is also not allowed.)"

So the default is not to allow saving to local desktop.  How do I check where currently files allow to save and how to set where files should allow to save?  I'm not seeing those setting when I go to Citrix Studio-Delivery Group-publish/add application.  Where should I look from SAS?

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Well the best course of action is to approach your company's help desk/ IT Security for assistance.
You may have to create a service ticket. They will suggest a solution relevant to your environment.
You can discuss with your supervisor/manager too.

Immaculata
Calcite | Level 5

Did you ever found your solution?

Would you mind sharing?

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation