BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jontpg
Fluorite | Level 6

Is there an equivalent tool for SAS Information map in SAS Viya? I went through the Moving to SAS Viya page but could not find it. Is there a page that details out the replacement platforms between SAS 9.4 and SAS Viya. for example SAS DI equivalent would SAS Studio flows.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

No, there is no real counterpart in Viya.

Information Maps was designed to be the semantic layer for different BI Server tools/applications. And those are discontinued in Viya.

The closest you could get is to create views in CAS.

Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

No, there is no real counterpart in Viya.

Information Maps was designed to be the semantic layer for different BI Server tools/applications. And those are discontinued in Viya.

The closest you could get is to create views in CAS.

Data never sleeps
jontpg
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks LinusH. I am curious now as to how SAS CI360 Direct Marketing, which uses Infomap to extract the data to refresh segments, would work if the move from SAS 9.4 environment to SAS Viya is done. We would have retain SAS 9.4 to make it work then.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I don't know much about CI360, but it sounds like if you don't upgrade that one at the same time, I guess your assessment is correct.

I suggest that you contact SAS to get their view of you upgrade project.

Data never sleeps