BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
chandusaladi
Fluorite | Level 6

Does anybody know how to migrate SAS EG 6.1 version projects to SAS Viya 4

2 REPLIES 2
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

For an upgrade in the same environment you normally can just open an EG project from an old version with your new EG version and then save it. 

For a migration to a new environment there are often also changes to paths etc required. If changing things manually is too much effort then there is also a migration wizard available. Migrate SAS Content with the Migration Wizard

The release of a SAS EG Viya version (SAS EG 8.4) is around the corner. 

You are using a very old EG version (6.1) and I'm not sure that there will be a direct migration path or if you will eventually need a "double hop" like EG6.1 -> EG7.x ->EG8.4

If you attach a simple EG6.1 project here then I can test for you if I can open it with the latest EG version.

I assume if you search a bit then you'll also find somewhere in the SAS docu which version can get migrated to which higher version directly (EG8.4 is of course not yet documented as not yet released).

And last but not least:

The alternative migration path is of course from SAS EG to SAS Studio (Viya version). There is a Content Assessment tool that helps with migration of any SAS9.4 content to SAS Viya. 

Even though a migration to SAS Studio is a bigger change and more effort, it is imho preferable because it will give you access to all the new functionality like Studio Flow and a Python editor that's not available in SAS EG.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

SAS EG projects will be migrated to SAS Studio Flows in Viya.

The base requirement is EG 7 as I understand it.

So you need to upgrade EG first, update your projects, and then migrate.

Or, as @Patrick mentions, you can upgrade EG to a Viya compatible version (not out yet), and stay there.

Data never sleeps