BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ThdB
Obsidian | Level 7

I have an Excel sheet that uses the results of a very large (many tables) Visual Analytics report.

Recently the name and the location of the V.A. report has changed.

Does anyone know if it is possible to update the name and location of the report in my Excel sheet? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fifthand57th
SAS Employee

@ThdB Use the Migration Wizard. The SAS Add-in Migration Wizard (MigrationWizard.exe) is located in the SAS Add-in install directory. Search for MigrationWizard.exe on your computer. The Migration Wizard will allow you to remap the SAS metadata objects in a workbook. 

Here's a SAS Enterprise Guide migration wizard tutorial: https://video.sas.com/detail/videos/working-with-sas-enterprise-guide/video/4414780853001/use-the-mi...

The SAS Add-in version is slightly different but this video will give you an overview, if needed. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

this is not really a SAS question.  You can open the workbook save it with another name with out updating the links.

then do a mass change to the links. something like this

C:\mystuff\longpath\file1

to 

F:\theirstuff\longpath\file1

ThdB
Obsidian | Level 7

Maybe I wasn't specific enough, but when I try to refresh the SAS content in my Excel sheet I get the error from the SAS add-in:

The SAS report was not found in the repository.

Verify that that the report still exists, and you have permission to execute it.

I get this error because the SAS Content was moved to a different location.

My question is: Can I update the properties of the SAS content in my Excel sheet to the new SAS report location.

fifthand57th
SAS Employee

@ThdB Use the Migration Wizard. The SAS Add-in Migration Wizard (MigrationWizard.exe) is located in the SAS Add-in install directory. Search for MigrationWizard.exe on your computer. The Migration Wizard will allow you to remap the SAS metadata objects in a workbook. 

Here's a SAS Enterprise Guide migration wizard tutorial: https://video.sas.com/detail/videos/working-with-sas-enterprise-guide/video/4414780853001/use-the-mi...

The SAS Add-in version is slightly different but this video will give you an overview, if needed. 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation