BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Clubber_Lang
Fluorite | Level 6

Working with a user at my company who can't get the SAS Office add-in 7.15 to install. User has a Windows 10 device. The device has SAS Enterprise Guide 8.3 installed and also Microsoft Office 365, and when I look at "Control Panel > Programs and Features", I see Enterprise Guide listed, as well as SAS 9.4. We use Microsoft Configuration Manager for most of our deployments, so user first tried installing from Software Center. Install failed. I then copied the necessary files to the user's device and tried running the install manually without some of the "quiet" parameters, hoping to see some additional error information.

Message user received (screenshot below) was "The SAS Deployment Wizard has detected that your SAS Home location contains the following software, which is newer than what is included in the order you are attempting to deploy."

I've attempted to duplicate this on a Windows 10 VM--same version of Office installed, same version of SAS Enterprise Guide. However, the SAS Office add-in always installs successfully for me.

I also checked for any helpful info on the user's device in the SAS "InstallLogs" folder, but I don't see any files there that pertain to the Office add-in install. 

An online search hasn't turned up anything that I can try, so turning to the forum here for ideas on what I can try to get this installed for the user. Screenshot is below regarding the message displayed. Can't click past this error. The screen beneath this one has the option to go the Next screen, but clicking "Next" only brings up this dialog:

sas_office_addin.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You are trying to install the SAS Add-In to MS Office from a SAS Software depot that is older than the one used to install EG 8.3. You should switch to the new depot to install SAS Add-In to MS Office 8.3.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You are trying to install the SAS Add-In to MS Office from a SAS Software depot that is older than the one used to install EG 8.3. You should switch to the new depot to install SAS Add-In to MS Office 8.3.  

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation