BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dtravassos
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello All,

I have sas eg running local. Also power BI reading a ODATA data source. Would be possible to SAS EG to read power BI data in any way?

Thank you very much

Danielle

9 REPLIES 9
Reeza
Super User
You can connect SAS to the OData source directly, not sure about PowerBI.
dtravassos
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Reeza. That would be wonderful. How do I do that?

Reeza
Super User

It depends exactly on how the feed is set up, but here's a post from Socrata that discusses this:

https://dev.socrata.com/blog/2015/11/10/analyzing-open-data-with-sas.html

dtravassos
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Reeza,

I read that article previously, however, from what I understood, it helps you to import data coming from one single file. I have a database with multiple tables. Ideally, I would be able to see and query all the table directly, like a library.

Thank you

Danielle

Reeza
Super User
OData sources usually aren't set up in that fashion, AFAIK, do you have an example of that set up?
SASKiwi
PROC Star

PowerBI data is read in from other sources which SAS can read like SQL Server, Excel, other ODBC sources etc. SAS EG can read all of these.

dtravassos
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi SASKiwi,

Yes, Agreed. I can access the DB through Squirrel SQL using a JDBC adapter and power BI via Odata. But I can't directly access using SAS because SAS provides interface with ODBC but not with JDBC. I got a trial for the tool SAS/ACCESS interface with JDBC but it's not working for me. I read on the SAS website that the JDBC interface only works with SAS Viya, not sure about EG.

If I could connect my SAS EG via ODATA or read the power BI tables directly or somehow with our DB with JDBC, that would solve my problem. Currently, I have to export from Power BI and import to SAS.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

SAS/ACCESS to JDBC is available in SAS 9.4M6 released Nov 2018. Just would work with EG. What's your SAS 9.4 maintenance level?

Walker_cabay
Calcite | Level 5

Power BI provides cloud-based BI services, known as "Power BI Services", along with a desktop based interface, called "Power BI Desktop".

Also Read: http://bit.ly/2RP9xwk

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation