BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Daniel12
Calcite | Level 5

Hi!

I wonder if there are any SAS ODBC Driver for Windows 10 as per this link I found link

I dont seem to be able to find them where I expect to find them: link

Are there any SAS ODBC Drivers for Windows 10 or is there a different name to use SAS as DSN?

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

Run this code snippet:

proc setinit;run;

The log will show licensed products. If you do not see

---SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC

Then your site isn't licensed to access ODBC with SAS and will need to be added to your license.

If it is in the log then run

proc product_status;run;

If you do not see something like this in the log

For SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC ...

then the ODBC was not installed and you need to reinstall.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

That link to the ODBC driver works fine for me, however I was logged in to SAS Support. Try changing from HTTPS to HTTP. While it doesn't mention Windows 10 in the link, the driver was last updated in Aug 2018 so I'd be very surprised if it didn't work.

How are you intending to use them? For example, if you have Base SAS installed on your PC you can use these drivers to read SAS data from other products as long as they are installed on the same PC. Access to SAS data on remote SAS servers requires additional products to work.

If you are using MS Office, then the SAS Add-in to MS Office is a better way to read SAS data.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation