BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Say O2=O*O

proc logit data = X descending;
model A = O O2 P Q;
output out = Y p=pred xbeta=logit;
run;

I want to plot a graph that can show the relationship between the probablity of A and O is a 'U' shape. How can I do this? Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
Olivier
Pyrite | Level 9
You have to compute LOG(Prob(A=event|O)/Prob(A=non-event|O)) to draw it against the values of O. This quantity is known as Weight of Evidence (WoE) or log-odds. It is this quantity that is modelled in a similar fashion as Y in a linear regression : the logistic model is WoE = Xb.

Since those probabilities can be computed as means, you just have to type the right "event" value for A (I assume it is 1 in the following code).[pre]
PROC SQL ;
CREATE TABLE work.graph AS
SELECT o,
LOG(MEAN(a=1)/MEAN(a NE 1)) AS woe,
COUNT(*) AS size
FROM X
GROUP BY o
;
QUIT ;
PROC GPLOT DATA = work.graph ;
BUBBLE woe * o = size ;
RUN ; QUIT ;[/pre]
If this graph shows a U-shaped relationship between A and O, it will be a good reason to include O2 in the model.

Regards.
Olivier

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation