BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,
I'm trying to set up an ODBC link to a SAS Dataset so that a third party application can access it, and I'm having a few problems. I've been stepping through the documentation on ODBC online, but when it comes to defining the Server, I get an error message saying "You cannot define SERVERS or LIBRARIES during prompted connections." I can't work out how to get beyond this. Any ideas? The only reference to this message I found in the support area basically said to do it the way I was doing it in order to avoid this error.
Sorry if this is being posted in the wrong forum, however none of the available forums seemed to fit better than this one.
I'm using SAS 9.1.3 on Windows XP pro, and I have MDAC version 2.8 installed.
Cheers.
Chris.
3 REPLIES 3
deleted_user
Not applicable
Incidentally, the method I'm using is to define the ODBC connection through the Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC).
Initially creating the ODBC connection gave me no real options but defining the name of the connection, when I clicked OK I got the message "A Connection could not be made using the file data source parameters entered. Save non-verified file DSN?" I clicked OK, then reopened the ODBC connection to edit the other options.
Matthew_Galati
SAS Employee
Hi Chris -- I think you may have posted to the wrong forum. This one is focused on Optimization and Operations Research.
deleted_user
Not applicable
I suggest you submit this to the tech support team at SAS. They will route your question to the appropriate experts and give you an answer promptly. (usually within 24 hours) http://support.sas.com/techsup/contact/index.html

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation