BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ODENWALD
Obsidian | Level 7

After a first    solve with  NLP  with  ms-feature  I wanted to place a second solve with logic

x.init  =  x.msinit  etc  for all variables  and  solve  ..... .

That's not allowed.

Who knows how to implement it ?

Werner

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RobPratt
SAS Super FREQ

The .INIT suffix is deprecated, but you can do the following to set all variables in one loop:

for {j in 1.._NVAR_} _VAR_[j] = _VAR_[j].msinit;

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RobPratt
SAS Super FREQ

The .INIT suffix is deprecated, but you can do the following to set all variables in one loop:

for {j in 1.._NVAR_} _VAR_[j] = _VAR_[j].msinit;
ODENWALD
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks, Rob .

.... so easy, but I was looking the wrong direction.  Using the  ms  feature   .msinit   is clearly more important. But why had you decided to deprecate  .init  ?

Odenwald

RobPratt
SAS Super FREQ

The .INIT suffix was confusing (especially because it was not populated by the INIT option in the VAR statement) and not very useful, so we removed it as of SAS/OR 13.2.  To supply initial values to be used by the NLP solver, just assign those values to the variables as I showed.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation