BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,

Have anyone had any experience of using the cluster table created by the SPDS table members?

I managed to create the cluster and also know how undo it. However, the question is, is that a way I can reference to the specific member of the cluster table?

Example:
Each of the A, B and C is a SPDS table that make up the test cluster table. Once I have created the test cluster table, how do I reference, says, only the A or B or C or the combination of that?

Example, user might be interested in using A only, so:
DATA abc;
SET test;
*** can i use a where statement to say where mem=a? (tried this before and it didn't work)***;
RUN;

*** Creating the cluster table ***;
PROC SPDO library = mydomain;
CLUSTER CREATE test
MEM=a
MEM=b
MEM=c
MAXSLOT=4;
QUIT;
6 REPLIES 6
deleted_user
Not applicable
Did I post this at the correct forum? Should I not post it at the Optimization and Operations Research? 🙂
Matthew_Galati
SAS Employee
Yes, I think you might be at the wrong forum.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Err........where should I post the question then?

Also, I really like to see there are more specific topics available for the forum such as SAS Management Console, DI Studio and etc......
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
The challenge with this idea, as I see it, is that EVERYBODY has their own installation and configuration. Nobody is running the same BI installation. So usage questions are not just usage questions, as in "How do I suppress the titles in my output."

For example, you want to know something about a workspace server. You have a pooled workspace server. Somebody answers your questions, they don't use pooling AND they're not specific about that in their answer. You try something they suggest and mess up your configuration. Someone has a question about authorization -- they are NOT using LDAP, somebody else is. Neither person qualifies their answer. Confusion ensues.

When you have to qualify either your question or your answer with so many "it depends" and "this is my configuration" -- it seems to me to just slow down the process. If you have Management Console or DI Studio questions and went straight to Tech Support, they can collect the qualifying information that affects your question and get you an answer -- probably quicker than from the forum.

That's my .02,
cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Jason - this Optimization and OR forum is for customers who are modeling with SAS/OR. Many people are unfamiliar with this field of applied math and management science - so let me clarify that just because this forum has the word "operations" in the title -- it is not the proper place to post questions on your experiences implementing any one of the many SAS offerings in real world organizations.

the more appropriate web site I recommend for you to go to is www.sasCommunity.org. Enjoy. Also remember -- there is no fee to contact tech support with your specific questions - SAS is eager to help you get rock'n and rolling.

At the SAS Global Users Group meeting in April 2007 - the Executive Board is announced sasCommunity.org, a collaborative online SAS community for SAS users worldwide.

www.sasCommunity.org covers topics that any SAS user world-wide can go to in order to find any and all resources that might be of value to them in their use of SAS software and its related technologies.

if you'd like to suggest your own discussion topic that doesn't relate to SAS/OR or optimization -- i encourage you to enter your topic here.
http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/Special:Forum/5
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Even if this is in the wrong forum, I would like to answer.

No, you cannot reference a specific member directly, but you might do it indirectly. If you set the MINMAXVARLIST data set option to column(s) that you use for partition your data, you can access specific members by using WHERE. See documentaion for syntax and examples of MINMAXVARLIST.
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation