BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Leesa
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi

I need to use proc optmodel for my client project. Can you please suggest me which SAS module my client need to install & also usage (test, prod ,,,) and scale so that they can check if it fits in the servers they have. 

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The SAS/OR product is required for the OPTMODEL procedure: https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=ormpug&docsetTarget=ormpug_optmodel_toc.htm&docsetVersion=14...

It will on "fit" on any computer that can run SAS. Obviously the more computer resources you can provide OPTMODEL, the better it will perform and the more data and more complex models it will be able to handle.

Leesa
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you. Can you also provide me the details of usage (test, prod ,,,) and scale. I don't have any clue about these things

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest you get advice from the SAS administrator where you are working. I can't really help you when I know nothing about the SAS environment you are using and also what computer resources are available to you. If you need to scope a new SAS installation properly then I suggest you take advantage of SAS's free service to do this - talk to your SAS account manager.

Regarding Development, Test and Production environments, talk to the IT people in your organisation about how they manage that and what they would recommend. SAS can help you design such a set up as well. Hiring expert advice is the best way to go if you are not knowledgeable in this area.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation