BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Number72
Calcite | Level 5

I need a seize block to read what is labeled as units from multiple resource entity type. The documentation implies that if I leave the Units set to null I get aport which I do. Ican use a formula with a simple quantity  which works, but I want to read the qantiies demanded to alter the entire listing of resources. to be honest Iam having difficulty reading any file in with the exception of assigning attributes. Right now, I am using the JMP server, It asks for X and Y, I cam get an error on the first string so I no Imade the connection

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3 etc--many more

The documentation only implies this is

So I have two colums or would like two columns read in. The other thing I cannot get to work and this may be in the documentation is how do I access the resource entity type. Cond(type==  or Cond(Entity Type===

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EmilyLada
SAS Employee

Try using a Numeric Source block to read in the units for the Seize block.  In the Numeric Source block, select the option Data Driven, and then from the Type pull-down menu, select SAS Data Column.  You will need to specify the file path for the data set, as well as the column name that contains the values that you want to read in (the Variable field).  The SAS Data Column option can also be used to read in a column of data from a JMP table.

The second part of your question is a little unclear, but it sounds like maybe you are trying to seize a specific entity type using a Seize block.  If this is the case, there is a small down arrow next to the Separable field in the Seize block properties dialog.  If you click on that arrow, you can select to add columns for Attribute Rule and Entity Type.  To specify an Entity Type, you can just put in the name of the entity type that you want to seize  (rules using || or && or Cond are not allowed in the entity type field).  For example, if I want to seize an entity of type Doctor, I just type Doctor in the Entity Type field of the Seize block.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
EmilyLada
SAS Employee

Try using a Numeric Source block to read in the units for the Seize block.  In the Numeric Source block, select the option Data Driven, and then from the Type pull-down menu, select SAS Data Column.  You will need to specify the file path for the data set, as well as the column name that contains the values that you want to read in (the Variable field).  The SAS Data Column option can also be used to read in a column of data from a JMP table.

The second part of your question is a little unclear, but it sounds like maybe you are trying to seize a specific entity type using a Seize block.  If this is the case, there is a small down arrow next to the Separable field in the Seize block properties dialog.  If you click on that arrow, you can select to add columns for Attribute Rule and Entity Type.  To specify an Entity Type, you can just put in the name of the entity type that you want to seize  (rules using || or && or Cond are not allowed in the entity type field).  For example, if I want to seize an entity of type Doctor, I just type Doctor in the Entity Type field of the Seize block.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation