BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ricardo
Calcite | Level 5
Hello guys,
I´m using SAS/OR "proc nlp" and I need to insert data from a huge table
into the proc nlp, this table contain parameters that will be used in
the optimization. I´m trying to use the option "inest", with _TYPE_ = "PARMS",
but this solution is not feasible because the line "PARMS" would need many
variables (or columns) to alocate all the parameters.
Is there any solution? Other way I conclude proc nlp does not support large
amount of data.
Thanks a lot,
Ricardo.

Key words: proc nlp , inest , sas/or , sas or .
1 REPLY 1
Ed_Hughes_sas
SAS Employee
Ricardo,

I know that you've already received much of this information from our great SAS Technical Support team but I'll repeat it for the benefit of other forum participants. In your case you'd want to use the DATA= option of PROC NLP to import the data on parameters. However you'll still face the challenge of building and using a SAS data set with millions of variables. Fortunately there's a better way. PROC OPTMODEL is our new "flagship" procedure for linear, mixed-integer, quadratic, *and* general nonlinear optimization. Due to OPTMODEL's much greater flexibility in working with input data you should be able to use many observations rather than many variables to specify parameter values in a SAS data set. OPTMODEL delivers many other benefits vs. PROC NLP as well, including far greater clarity in its model-building syntax, improved and updated solvers, and greater flexibility in working with the results of the optimization process.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation