BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
user24feb
Barite | Level 11

I am trying to flag multiple intermediate products as end items for proc bom. My final products start with (the character) "8", my intermediate products in question start out with a "2", the raw materials start with "4".

How can one specify multiple parts from the part master that start with a certain character in the proc bom statement - if it is possible at all?

The available examples from the internet seem to be restricted to a single intermediate product (like enditem=("LA01")). What I would like to achieve is a truncated equal to (like enditem=(Part =: "L")).

2 REPLIES 2
lipury
SAS Employee

Thanks for your question! We were wondering if you might be able to filter your part master data set with SQL prior to running the BOM procedure. BOM doesn't support wildcards or masking as far as I know.

Regards,

Lindsey

SAS/OR Development

user24feb
Barite | Level 11

I think I have to use some post-processing, because some the intermediate products (4*) might consist of (other) "final" (2*) products. It helps to know that a have not overlooked some standard functionality, though. Many Thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation