BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
HI,
i have installed the SAS Eminer 5.1
i am trying to run the Charitable Trust example given in the "Getting Started Manual"
but i am getting an error as "Could not create a new MPCONNECT session.plz chk SAS command property of this project server definition"
i am running this as a client-server application.

Kindly Help
Deepali.
3 REPLIES 3
deleted_user
Not applicable
Any number of things may cause this problem.

I doubt the SAS message really included "plz chk", so perhaps you could correct the littoral and search on the support knowledge base.

If you don't get some assistance with correct setting of the M.P.Connect server then you should contact Tech Support.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,
The errow was :
"Could not create a new MPCONNECT session.please check SAS command property of this project server definition"

Kindly Help,
Deepali
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
If you go to http://support.sas.com

and then in the upper right-hand side of the screen type this string, with quotes, into the search box:

"Could not create a new MPCONNECT session."

You will come up with one hit, that may be relevant to your problem. The exact error message (according to the note is:
Could not create a new MPCONNECT session.
Please check the SAS Command property of this
project's server definition.)

http://support.sas.com/kb/14/760.html

The fix involves setting properties on the Workspace server, so you may need to work with the SAS Administrator of your installation to fix this, if you do not have access privileges to SAS Management Console. At any rate, contacting Tech Support might also be a good idea.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation