BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
millie
Calcite | Level 5
I'm a newbie of SAS, and I want to know how should I do in order to access SAS Metadat from VB/C/Java?

Does anyone know why this comes up or how to get rid of it? Its very urgent for me>.<
1 REPLY 1
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
The SAS metadata is not documented for users, so you would have to reverse engineer it to get to it from another language. DBMS/Copy (now owned by SAS) and StatTransfer have done this, so it is not impossible. SAS actually stores most (all?) of the general metadata in SAS datasets (I don't know abut the SAS Metadata Server product.).

Depending on your need, another option would be to use SAS to export the particular metadata table to a SAS transport file and read that file (which is documented somewhere).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation