BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am using proc MIRP for modeling a supply chain network.  I can see in Proc IRP there is lotsize keyword in replenishment statement but not in Proc MIRP.

How can I model lotsize in MIRP?

How can I model order cycle in MIRP?

Thanking in advance.

Lokendra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDuck
SAS Employee

Hello Lokendra,

For modeling the lotsize, you can use the variable of BATCHSIZE in the NODEDATA=dataset.

For the order cycle, you can use the variable of PBR in the NODEDATA=dataset. PBR specifies the number of periods between

two replenishment orders. Its default value is 1.

Thanks,

KDuck

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KDuck
SAS Employee

Hello Lokendra,

For modeling the lotsize, you can use the variable of BATCHSIZE in the NODEDATA=dataset.

For the order cycle, you can use the variable of PBR in the NODEDATA=dataset. PBR specifies the number of periods between

two replenishment orders. Its default value is 1.

Thanks,

KDuck

Thanks.

Whenever I am using OBJECTIVE=POLICY_ORDER_KPI and using Horizon=100  in the output I get different values for reorder level and OUTL.  I intermittent demand model and have variance and mean but want to assume stationary demand. How to model this. This will be very helpful.  When I do not use HOrizon option I get same reorder point and OUTL for 12 periods.

Also when we use OBJECTIVE=EVALISL  I do not get reorder level in the output. How can I get. I am running this for different service level and want see the KPI change. 

thanks in advance

Lokendra

KDuck
SAS Employee

If you have run with the specified inventory, it is expected to get different values of reorder level. And the default value of Horizon option is 12.

To obtain the identical reorder level for the stationary demand, you may try to run the following steps:

1. Do the policy optimization by OBJECTIVE=OPTPOLICY without inventory data
  2. Set the inventory data based on this policy
  3. Estimate KPIs by OBJECTIVE=PREDICTKPI

If you still have some questions or issues, please provide us your code and data sets.

For your second question,

since SS policy is used for OBJECTIVE=EVALISL, you can simply compute the reorder level as (order upto level – 1).

Thanks,

KDuck

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation