BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
5 REPLIES 5
RobPratt
SAS Super FREQ

Your Trigger constraint contains a product of decision variables and hence is nonlinear.  Also, it is redundant because the left hand side is a sum of nonnegative summands.  If you remove this constraint, the MILP solver will return an optimal solution with InspectDecision[j] = 0 for all j.

What logical condition on the other decision variables do you want to force InspectDecision[j] = 1?

m3lon00
Calcite | Level 5

I wanted to enfore that the trigger was 1 and multipled by the fixed cost for any of the Ts facilities that received any shipments at all. 

RobPratt
SAS Super FREQ

In other words, you want inflow[i,j] > 0 to force InspectDecision[j] = 1.  Hint: You can do that by introducing InspectDecision[j] into the xMaxP constraint while keeping that constraint linear.

m3lon00
Calcite | Level 5

I figured it out, thank you so much for your help

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

@m3lon00, did you purposely delete your question statement?

PG

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation