BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JibJam221
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi!

I am using PROC REPORT to create a report on a table I created using PROC SQL. Everything is working fine, however I am trying to determine how to populate the last cell. Here is my current code:

proc sql; 
create table tbl_AP as 
	select
		Grll,
		count(PI) as Total,
		count (AR) as Inis,
		calculated Inis / Calculated Total as Return_Rate
from db.
where GROUP= 3 group by Grll; quit; proc report data= tbl_AP headline headskip; Title1 "Distribution of People"; column ('Groups' Grll) ('Employees' Total Inis) ('Return Rate' Return_Rate); define Gll / display 'Gr-Level'; define Total / sum; define inis / sum; define Return_Rate/ display '%' format=percent8.1; rbreak after /dol skip summarize; compute after; Grll = 'Total'; endcomp; run;

The entire table prints correctly, however the last row (the totals row) leaves a blank where the return rate column is calculated. Here is a partial snippet, however I am unable to insert the entire table output due to privacy policies. 

snipps.PNG

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
JeffMeyers
Barite | Level 11

Hello,

I don't know if this is the best area for your post (this is for graphics), but I think I have a simple solution for your issue.  I don't know how well RBREAK works outside of the listing destination, but I don't think you even need to use PROC REPORT in this case:

proc sql; 
create table tbl_AP as 
	select
		Grll,
		count(PI) as Total,
		count (AR) as Inis,
from db.	where GROUP= 3
	group by Grll

OUTER UNION CORR
       select 'Total' as grll,sum(total) as total,sum(inis) as inis,sum(return_rate) as return_rate
from (select Grll, count(PI) as Total, count (AR) as Inis, calculated Inis / Calculated Total as Return_Rate from db. where GROUP= 3
group by grll)
; quit;

OUTER UNION CORR matches columns by their variable names.  I take your original query and add it as an inline view for the second query and then aggregate across that using SQL.  I don't know how you wanted return_rate to be aggregated (sum, mean, etc.) so you can change that as needed.

If all you wanted for the total row was to do the same query without grouping you would do the following:

proc sql; 
create table tbl_AP as 
	select
		Grll,
		count(PI) as Total,
		count (AR) as Inis,
from db.	where GROUP= 3
	group by Grll

OUTER UNION CORR
       select 'Total' as Grll,
		count(PI) as Total,
		count (AR) as Inis,
from db.	where GROUP= 3
 ;
quit;
ballardw
Super User

DISPLAY variables aren't summarized. And the fun part is none of the basic summary functions work properly with percentages (or other rates) unless the denominators are exactly the same for each group.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation