BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MaryA_Marion
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Here is the basic code:

proc sgplot data=df;
vline G / response=fits stat=mean;
run;

I am doing the same thing for variables A-F. I want to panel them making a main effects mean plot for the response.

Can you help with the syntax? My problem with this is that the variables A-G are continuouos covariates and not levels of a factor.

I think it may be appropriate to use proc sgpanel. Right now I am doing these one at a time using sgplot code.

Formerly, proc gplot was used with proc greplay but I am assuming SAS has upgraded this approach. I am trying to keep this simple.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
ballardw
Super User

Data example?

You likely want to add a variable to indicate which "panel" a specific graph belongs in. This might mean restructuring the data, possibly with Proc Transpose so that you have a variable indicating the original variable name. Then use Panelby statement with that new variable.

Likely there is more work involved in reshaping the data then the Sgpanel code.

MaryA_Marion
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank you for the reply. I wanted a verbal response at first. I am having difficulties making a flow diagram of how to prepare the panel plot. I am enclosing a sample data set this time ( modified  on 12-03 9:05am).

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Can you say more about what you are trying to accomplish?

In your program, you use PROC GENMOD to fit a regression surface that models the response Y as a linear function of the continuous covariates A, B, and C.  Do you want to visualize slices through that surface as a function of each covariate while holding the other covariates fixed at their mean values? If so, use the EFFECTPLOT statement. One choice is as follows:

proc genmod data=so;
model y = a b c / dist = normal link=identity lrci obstats;
output out=sonorm pred=fits STDRESDEV=Z;

effectplot fit (x=a);
effectplot fit (x=b);
effectplot fit (x=c);
run; quit;

MaryA_Marion
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

In my effort to understand verbal instructions I missed the obvious. Here is a similar graph to what I am doing. Just reduce # of variables down to A B C.

MaryA_Marion_0-1638482391093.png

MaryA_Marion
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I need simple means plots that are panelled. Do I want to use sgplot or sgpanel to do it? I was hoping to modify my sgplot code to output a panel. I can transpose like was mentioned. Then A B C become like subjects (rows in dataset)?

MaryA_Marion
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Here is an updated sas file.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation