BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PaalNavestad
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi, I have sevreal use cases where i need equated axes. There are som special cases where the aspect option in SGplot works. However I constantly find that I create the plot in SGPLOT and then use the tmplout  option to create the graph template. The only thing i really do is to change layout overlay to layout overlayequated.  

Is there a reason why this cannot be an option on SGPLOT?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

Glad to know you find SGPlot useful.  The page referred by RW9 explains the special needs of OverlayEquated.  It would be cleaner to write a new procedure like SGEQUATED than to allow for all the exceptions.  The original idea was for SG procedures to cover the 80% of graph use cases that need 20% of the GTL features.  And tmplout saves you a lot of work.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

Glad to know you find SGPlot useful.  The page referred by RW9 explains the special needs of OverlayEquated.  It would be cleaner to write a new procedure like SGEQUATED than to allow for all the exceptions.  The original idea was for SG procedures to cover the 80% of graph use cases that need 20% of the GTL features.  And tmplout saves you a lot of work.

PaalNavestad
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks Warren, yes aspect solves some cases, but not the cases I work with. I think Sanjay actually answers my question. The blog post yo linked is really good. I actually use a lot of thye code and ideas from the post daily.

PaalNavestad
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks Sanjay, yes I find Sgplot really useful. Especially the more or less endless possibilities for overlaying different plots. I see your point of needing a new procedure, and maybe it is wise to keep as is.

The option of tmplout saves a lot of work as you kindly say.

SAS Innovate 2025: Save the Date

SAS Innovate 2025 is scheduled for May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. Sign up to be first to learn about the agenda and registration!

Save the date!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

SAS Training: Just a Click Away

Ready to level-up your skills? Choose your own adventure.

Browse our catalog!

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation