BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KevinViel
Pyrite | Level 9

I am coming late to SG, even though I bought Kuhfield's book at PharmaSUG (2012?).  I saw an example of a Heat Map created with GMAP, that I think I saw on Allison's excellent repository (http://robslink.com/SAS/Home.htm).  Having some experience with the ANNOTATE facility, I was able to adapt it.  I can see better standardization using SG procedures.  I am looking forward to upgrading to v9.4 so that I have AXISTABLE and SGANNO.

I have not been able to muster a trip to SGF, but I think I am one of the few using SAS in bioinformatics at PharmaSUG.  I have figuratively been stiff armed by programmers for clients who have said "if you want to work in bioinformatics, then you need to work in R".  I have attempted to point out that I am not downloading modules, rather, I am writing the code.  Thankfully, I have an evening gig in which I have the freedom to choose my software.  These maps have already been included in talks with medical directors and higher ranking scientists, not to mention our ASH 2015 poster.

I am grateful for your help and that of SAS Communities.  Our focus is on inhibitors in Hemophilia A patients, so it we are making a difference to these patients and their families.

Thank you,

Kevin

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 in conversation