BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
t75wez1
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello all,

I recently saw a Sankey diagram generated from SAS VA. It looks cool and eye-catching.

I wonder if it can be created from the coding on SAS graph with 9.4 M5 that is version I currently have.

or would anyone who already generated SAS code like to share?

Thanks,

Ethan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

Note:  The Blog article on "Sankey Diagram" that BallardW has referred to was only my attempt to show how some SGPLOT statements can be used to create a flow diagram.  In the figure, I was attempting to create a diagram a user wanted.  The coordinate points are very customized and will vary by your usage.  

There is no "Sankey" statement in SG that will take your data and produce a nice Sankey diagram like the one in VA.  However, we hope we can surface that code in a procedure in the future.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

Google can be your friend.

The second result from "Sankey Diagram SAS" yields:

https://blogs.sas.com/content/graphicallyspeaking/2015/03/21/sankey-diagrams/

which has a text file you can download with an example data set and code that uses SGPLOT to make said diagram.

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

Note:  The Blog article on "Sankey Diagram" that BallardW has referred to was only my attempt to show how some SGPLOT statements can be used to create a flow diagram.  In the figure, I was attempting to create a diagram a user wanted.  The coordinate points are very customized and will vary by your usage.  

There is no "Sankey" statement in SG that will take your data and produce a nice Sankey diagram like the one in VA.  However, we hope we can surface that code in a procedure in the future.

t75wez1
Pyrite | Level 9
Appreciate the insights and hope "Sankey" option in SG from next SAS version.
danielagonzales
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello @Jay54 ! I was wondering if there has being an update to developing a Sankey chart using SAS Enterprise Guide or SAS Studio :). Thanks in advance for your response! FYI, I am part of a University and we have the Educational Analytics Suite in case that helps figuring out what environments I have access to ( I know that SAS Viya for Learners would not work given the restriction to upload my own data).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation