BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello Experts,

In order to determine to the extrems of Mathematical Function( Minimum and Maximum) via Jacobian and Hessian Matrix.

Please, Could it be done by SAS Base and SAS Macros ?

7 REPLIES 7
unison
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Take a look into proc iml: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/imlug/66845/HTML/default/viewer.htm#imlug_nonlinearoptex...

Is this the type of thing you're looking for?

-unison

-unison
LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank you very much. Yes, it's exact.

In point of view of the Calcul , is it the same as the Mathematical software "MAPLE" ?

Reeza
Super User
You don't have IML or OR?
You can always implement it, but IML would make it infinitely easier.
LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

@Reeza: Thank very much for your answer.

To make my test, I want to use the "SAS Studio", but I do not know , if the IML proc is implemented in it ? 

That's why, I ask for SAS Base and Macro

Reeza
Super User
SAS Studio is a thin client to SAS, as long as the SAS installation has IML/OR you're fine. You can check what's installed using proc product_status;run;

I'm assuming you're using a work installation of SAS that is a professional installation, not SAS UE. Academics onDemand does have IML via SAS Studio for example.

Ksharp
Super User

You could check COOK-D in PROC REG .

LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank you very much. That's very kind from you.

Cook's distance is often used, to determine the influancial observation in Linear regression.

but, in the mathematical functions, the relationship between the dependant variable and the independant variables are not usually linear.

Please, could you illustrate a demontration for Cook's distance on the function below :

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/imlug/66845/HTML/default/viewer.htm#imlug_nonlinearoptex...

In this case, you do not use the Jacobian and Hessian Matrix, in order to determine , if  the extreme point is a Minimum, a Maximum or a saddle point

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation