BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bstarr
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

I am attempting to edit the placement of data labels in a SERIES graph in PROC TEMPLATE. The default settings get me to 95% of what I need, but when I specify the DATALABELPOSITION option, results are not as I would expect and the plot becomes unusable.

Below is one panel that is problematic using the default settings (note the collision with the line):

bstarr_0-1638834474586.png

Here is the same panel after specifying DATALABELPOSITION=BOTTOMRIGHT, thinking the label would simply move down slightly:

bstarr_1-1638835244608.png

No matter what I try for DATALABELPOSITION, anything other than AUTO scrunches up the graph. Am I missing something that's making it put the label outside the graph/plot region? Pared down code is below.

proc template;
    define statgraph NAME;
      dynamic VAR;
        begingraph / designWidth=2700px designHeight=675px;
            layout dataLattice columnVar=COLVAR / 
                headerLabelDisplay=value 
                rowAxisOpts=(offsetmin=0 linearopts=(tickvalueformat=percent11.0 viewmin=0) display=(tickvalues ticks label)) 
                columnAxisOpts=(display=(tickvalues ticks label));
                layout prototype;
                    referenceline x=XREF / lineattrs=(pattern=2 thickness=1); 
< More seriesplot statements >
                    seriesplot x=XVAR y=YVAR / yaxis=y lineattrs=(color=&PLOTCOLOR thickness=2);
                    seriesplot x=XVAR y=YVAR / yaxis=y display=(markers) markerattrs=(color=&PLOTCOLOR symbol=circleFilled) 
                        datalabel=YVAR2 datalabelattrs=(color=&PLOTCOLOR) datalabelposition=bottomright;
                endlayout;
            endlayout;
        endgraph;
    end;
run;

5 REPLIES 5
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Can you include the removed SERIESPLOT statements from your template? Also, what is the format length of your YVAR2 variable?

bstarr
Quartz | Level 8
Thanks for the reply. The omitted SERIESPLOT statements are variants of the following:

seriesplot x=XVAR y=CATEGORY1 / yaxis=y lineattrs=(color=CXD0D0D0 thickness=2);
seriesplot x=XVAR y=CATEGORY5 / yaxis=y lineattrs=(color=CXD0D0D0 thickness=2);

YVAR2 is a percent11.0 format with length of 8 (same as YVAR and CATEGORY1 -- CATEGORY5).
XVAR is also a number (best12) with length of 8.
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

What do you get if you change the percentage format field width from 11 to 5?

bstarr
Quartz | Level 8

Great, thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate the assistance. That definitely made a difference, but there is still white space for about a third of the plot. Would you have an idea what else I might be missing?

bstarr_1-1639088217741.png

DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Also, set OFFSETMAX=0 (or 0.05) on your rowAxisOpts.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation