BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
fanwayne
Fluorite | Level 6

I was trying to output SGRENDER plot through ods html with the high resolution option (image_dpi=300). Though the plot was created, I don't want the warning that showed in the log file.  I have already changed the java memory pool as suggested on SAS support (http://support.sas.com/kb/31/184.html), but the warning below still shows up. Is there any method to suppress this?

"WARNING: A very large output size of (2700, 4500) is in effect. This could make Java VM run out of memory and result in
some Java exceptions. You should reduce the output size or DPI settings."

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

Are you using SAS University Edition? 

If positive, you have limited memory to use.

The message instructs yo to  "You should reduce the output size or DPI settings."

fanwayne
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi. I am not using SAS University Edition. But I'm running SAS on Mac Parallel and I've allocate 8GB for its memory. Does this warning occur in every virtual machine when trying to output a high resolution picture? 300dpi is required for most publications so I don't want to reduce dpi.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Are you running 32-bit or 64-bit SAS? 32-bit SAS uses a maximum of around 3GB because of memory addressing limitations.

fanwayne
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi, I confirm it's 64-bit SAS, so I think it should be caused by some other reasons.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation